Upma is traditional breakfast porridge from all over India. It's simple and delicious, and a great introduction to comfort Indian food - oh, and healthy too! We mix simple spices and semolina to create a simple, warm porridge that is easy to digest. If you're not a fan of spicy food, then this is for you!
Pronounced as [oop-maa]. Also known as wheat-based porridge.
Stovetop (Recommended) 🍳
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot. On high heat, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, empty the packet into the pot and stir to spread. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Mix 3/4 cup of water and packet in a bowl. Stir well.
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Repeat for thicker consistency or longer cooking time.
Upma is made from fresh vegetables and spices, with absolutely no preservatives, dehydration, or vacuum sealing. AKA it's real!
🥶Keep in the fridge for 7-10 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Your entire order will ship to you in a recyclable box with compostable or recyclable liners and reusable ice packs to keep cold during the shipment. Since our products are 100% fresh, it's super important to keep them cool at all times. So, as soon as you receive them, please put your products in the fridge or freezer immediately! Each packet has a "made on" date and expiration info, too 😋
Since our products are perishable, we can't accept returns. But, we're more than happy to refund or resolve any issues you may have with your order! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.