Sambar is a popular South Indian dish that resembles a vegetable stew with a heavy lentils base. This soup is commonly eaten as a side dish with breakfast items, or mixed with a grain of your choice for heavier meals. It’s also a fabulous if you want to add your choice of already cooked noodles! It’s a favorite dish of people not from the region.
Pronounced as [saam-baar]. Also known as vegetable stew.
Stovetop (Recommended) 🍳
- Add 1.5 cups of water and the packet to the pot. On medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir to spread evenly and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot for 5-7 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Mix 1 cup of water and packet in a bowl. Stir well.
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Repeat for thicker consistency or longer cooking time.
Sambar is made from fresh vegetables and spices, with absolutely no preservatives, dehydration, or vacuum sealing. AKA it's real!
🥶Keep in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Your entire order will ship to you in a recyclable box with compostable or recyclable liners and reusable ice packs to keep cold during the shipment. Since our products are 100% fresh, it's super important to keep them cool at all times. So, as soon as you receive them, please put your products in the fridge or freezer immediately! Each packet has a "made on" date and expiration info, too 😋
Since our products are perishable, we can't accept returns. But, we're more than happy to refund or resolve any issues you may have with your order! You can email us at email@example.com.